Buying from the end-of -season sales can save you tons of money! Summer inventory has already been slashed by 20 percent in August, but by September, it can be as much as 75 percent off. Here are some ideas on what to look for if you want some great summer deals!
Putting things away for a few months can give you a big advantage and save you lots of money for next year. If you live in a warmer climate, you can even use a lot of these items now.
- Pool Supplies: A public pool typically closes after Labor Day weekend, so the retailers know to discount any pool supplies after this holiday. They don’t have the shelf space when Halloween is right around the corner. In warmer climates, you can continue to use pool supplies for about 4-6 more weeks, so it pays to stock up. Pool chemicals have a long shelf life, so you can buy them in bulk and save them for next year. Large retailers, and small independent stores will discount pool supplies at this time, so get them before they are gone.
- Outdoor Toys: Fun outdoor toys associated with summer time, like water guns, backyard games and more can be found at deep discounts at the back of Target or Kmart’s toy section. Walmart’s end of season sales are never as good at Target, so be sure to look at the end of the isles for discounted merchandise. I even stock up on kids birthday gifts at this time, and put them back for later.
Last year I gave my nephew a huge water gun that costed me only 4.79, marked down from 20.00. When He opened the gift at his party, he said “Whoa, It’s huge! I’m gonnna win at the water gun game!”
- Swing sets: Great off-season deals can be found at online swing set retaliers like Playnation and Gorilla Playsets. If you were waiting for prices to come down before you bought one for the family, be sure to compare prices during these seasonal mark downs. You can get a large swing set for hundreds of dollars off. just for buying off-season. And, if you need assistance, they aren’t too busy to help you over the phone, since the customer service reps aren’t busy right now.
Big box stores like Costco or ToysRus will also discount their sets in store, but check out the manufacturer too, and consider buying direct for better prices.
- Outdoor Furniture: Does your patio or porch need to be updated for next year? Check out the sale prices on outdoor furniture and lawn furniture. These sets can be 50-75 percent off retail. You can possibly get that beautiful set you always dreamed of for half price! I recently bought a backyard swing at Kmart for just 50 dollars, and it was marked down from 179.
I found some online retailers that have beautiful outdoor furniture, such as Total Backyard and Tortuga Outdoor Furniture. They cater to great taste! Look for lower prices this season on the items you want to add to your outdoor space.
- Solar Lights: Solar lights are always in season, and you can use them year-round. They save money and they are a quick install, so I love using them. I recently bought some beautiful all-metal solar lights for just 2.50 each, at Target. Lowes and Kmart also had them on sale, but I liked the look of the ones at Target. They were all about 30-40 percent regular price.
If you haven’t bought solar lights yet, you will love the look they add to your sidewalk or back yard. At just 2.50 each, they are totally worth it.
- Plants and Shrubs: I love looking for great sale items, and I always look at the plants when I go to Lowes, Home Depot or Walmart. I have seen that Lowes has the best mark-downs on plants. Home Depot, Walmart and Lowes all have a section of clearance plants near the back. I found a large Japanese potted plant that was root-bound, for just 4.99.
- School Supplies: Target, Kmart and Walmart will all have close out school supplies at this time of year. Last week, I needed a bunch of crayons for a church charity event, so I called around to check prices. Target had them for 33 cents and provided me a whole box of them! Walmart had notebooks on sale for just 10 cents! I don’t even know how they can make it that cheap, so I bought some and put them up for later.
Keep your eye out for seasonal sales and save a bundle! Mark downs can be put away until next year or used now. If you know your’re gping to need it, just make the purchase now and save.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7271297