Improving your backyard barbecue skills can be a tough road to travel, especially when it’s hard to decide which of the many books, DVDs, and accessories can really help up your BBQ game.
One of the biggest challenges faced by backyard barbecue enthusiasts today is how to go about selecting the resources that can really impact the quality of what you put on the table. There are literally hundreds of books, videos, and accessories out there promising to make you the star of your next BBQ cookout. However, unless you know up front which ones have actually proven useful to folks, you can feel a bit like you’re poking around in the dark.
Here are some of the most popular books, videos, and accessories members of a trusted online BBQ community have found useful. Take a look, and you’re sure to find some information that will head you in the right direction and have you upping your BBQ cook out game in no time.
Popular BBQ Books
America’s Best BBQ: 100 Recipes from America’s Best Smokehouses, Pits, Shacks, Rib Joints, Roadhouses, and Restaurants by Ardie A. Davis and Chef Paul Kirk took the #1 spot (no surprise, there from these two Kansas City BBQ guys) with Real Barbecue: The Classic Barbecue Guide to the Best Joints Across the USA – with Recipes, Porklore, and More! by Vince Staten and Greg Johnson finishing at the #2 position. The Staten/Johnson book has always been a favorite among readers of The BBQ Smoker Site blog – especially those who are of the “build your own barbecue smoker” variety. Backyard BBQ: The Art of Smokology by Rich McPeake took the #3 spot and is a solid pick for backyard BBQ folks interested in learning some of the more intricate aspects of the art of barbecue.
1. America’s Best BBQ: 100 Recipes from America’s Best Smokehouses, Pits, Shacks, Rib Joints, Roadhouses, and Restaurants
2. Real Barbecue: The Classic Barbecue Guide to the Best Joints Across the USA – with Recipes, Porklore, and More!
3. BBQ Joints: Stories and Secret Recipes from the Barbeque Belt
4. Smoke & Spice: Cooking with Smoke, the Real Way to Barbecue
5. Big Green Egg Cookbook: Celebrating the World’s Best Smoker & Grill
6. Serious Barbecue: Smoke, Char, Baste, and Brush Your Way to Great Outdoor Cooking
7. The Cook’s Illustrated Guide To Grilling And Barbecue
8. The Big Book of BBQ: Recipes and Revelations from the Barbecue Belt
9. Barbecue! Bible: Sauces, Rubs, and Marinades, Bastes, Butters, and Glazes
10. BBQ 25
Popular BBQ DVDs
Only a few Barbecue DVDs made it onto the list this time. It seems there is a lack of really up to date movies or documentaries out there about BBQ. I’d sure like to see more competition BBQ documentaries on the market. Here are a few that continue to make it into the video libraries of BBQ enthusiasts.
1. Backyard Barbecue with HomeBBQ.com
2. BBQ Secrets – The Master Guide To Extraordinary Barbecue Cookin’
3. Inside the World of Championship Barbecue
Popular BBQ Accessories
In the barbecue tools and accessories, thermometers and gauges took the #1 and #2 spots with the RC-T2 BBQ Grill Smoker Thermometer Gauge from River Country leading the pack as a surprise, followed by the Maverick ET-7 Remote-Check Wireless Thermometer (dual probe model). Bear Paws meat handles finished solid at #3, which makes sense as I see them in use at nearly every competition cook off I visit. Here are the more popular barbecue tools and accessories for last quarter.
1. River Country (RC-T2) BBQ Grill Smoker Thermometer Gauge (100 to 550 F)
2. Maverick ET-7 Remote-Check Wireless Thermometer With 2 Probes
3. Bear PAWS Meat Handles
4. Bradley All Weather Cover 4 Rack
5. Bradley Smoker 5 Flavor Variety Bisquettes 60 Pack
6. Outset QS77 Stainless Steel Wood Chip Smoker Box
7. Weber 9986 Premium Cover
8. Harold Imports 15-by-10-by-4-Inch Nonstick Professional Roasting Rack
9. Fresh Mill 210 Herb Storage Canister and Mill
10.Char Broil Silver Smoker
Barbecue smoked meats are widely loved when eaten, and feared when folks think of preparing them. Don’t sweat it, smoke it! Jump in and discover the awesome power of Barbecue Smokers [http://www.bbqsmokersite.com] today!
Not sure where to start looking for your next BBQ Resource? Check out the BBQ Books, DVDs, and Accessories [http://www.bbqsmokersite.com/popular-barbecue-books-videos-and-accessories/] members of the BBQ Smoker Site community found most useful last quarter!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6101513